Meet The Team
Name: Ibrahim Kala
Title: Chief Officer
- Background of working in the Public Sector including Bolton, Wigan Council and Greater Manchester Police Authority as well working in the Voluntary Sector.
- In the Council worked in Housing, Education,Social Services, Chief Executive's and Community Safety Departments.
- In the voluntary sector worked for Afro/Asian Action project and Bolton Racial Equality Council.
- Specialism's around equality/diversity/cohesion issues.
- Range 2 Qualified Youth Worker.
- Participated in the BCoM Leadership Development Programe in 2008/2009
- Many years of experience working with local voluntary groups and sports clubs.
Name: Saidmohammed Akuji
Title: Community and Interfaith Officer
- Previously worked as mosque liaison officer at BCoM
- Experience of working with local community and young children for over 20 years
- Part time Teacher and a committee member at a local Madrasah.
- First aid qualified.
- Multi lingual - English, Gujarati, Urdu.
- Supervision Experience for over 15 years at a local manufacturing firm.
- Trustee for Ghosia Mosque and a community centre SID.
Name: Dawood Kadva
Title: Mosque And Madressa Liaison Officer
- Currently working as Mosque & Madressa liaison officer at BCoM.
- Experience of working with local community and young children for the past 4 years.
- Secretary at Al Jamia Darul Quran Mosque..
- First aid qualified.
- Multi lingual - English, Gujarati, Urdu
- Previously worked for BMW for 12 years..
- Currently studying a BSc (Hons) degree in IT & Computing with The Open University.
Name: Fozia Yasmeen
Title: Female Youth Worker
- Five years experience of working with children and young people
- Teach children various subjects in numerous schools throughout Bolton on a casual basis
- Specialise in undertaking a range of activities with females only from the BME community
- BSc (Hons.) Psychology & Counselling Studies from the University of Salford
- Previously worked as a Trainer/Mentor for young people aged between 18-24 years, teaching them the necessary employability skills to gain suitable employment
- First aid qualified
- Multi lingual - English, Punjabi, Urdu, Hindi
Name: Yunus Mohamed
- Professional Counselling( BSc Hons) University of Salford.
- Health & Social Care ( Cert) Open University.
- Diploma in Professional Counselling.
- Counselling skills Cert Level 1 & 2
- Bereavement Counselling Cert
- 2 years voluntary counselling at St George's day centre.
- Over 2000 hours of counselling work with those from the ethnic minority communities, in English, Urdu, Gujrati and Arabic at BCoM.
- Community Development Worker for the organisation BAND, in Bolton, promoting a better wellbeing for the ethnic minority communities in Bolton.
Name: Riana Abbas
- Trained and qualified as Person Centred Counsellor.
- Diploma in CBT which is integrated into my practice
- 3 years experience at Beacon Counselling Service
- 3 years experience at Fort Alice Ltd (Women’s Aid)
- Currently also working at BMGS as a school counsellor
- Diploma in Person Centred Counselling
- Certificate in Child and Adolescent Studies
- 4 years working in the voluntary sector
Name: Khadija Mogradia
- Qualified at Islamiyah Girls School in Islamic Theology and Jurisprudence.
- Experience teaching children, teenagers and adults at my own establishment and Islamic school for over 4 years
- Provided the Blackburn town to help nurture children with their Islamic studies and goals
- BA Hons Degree in Psychotherapy with Education Studies
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy (Accredited by the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy, BACP)
- 2 years experience working as a support worker with The Women’s Centre, an organization that provide a local accessible service to women who may require information on health, well-being, individual support, Counselling, employment support and legal advice
- 6 years’ experience of working within the East Lancashire NHS within the Early Years Health Team and the Primary Mental Health team. Expertise working within a diverse team such as Psychologists, CBT therapist, Occupational Therapists and Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners
- Work with a wide range of clientele presenting with depression, stress, anxiety, anger issues, relationship issues bereavement and/or are struggling coping with relationships or life in general.
- Currently a volunteer at the Simeon Centre (Bolton) helping the wider community of Bolton with mental health issues namely depression, stress and anxiety issues.