Role: Early Years Practitioner / Nursery Manager
Location: Taqwa Nursery, Bolton, Great Lever
Start date: September 2016
Salary: £ negotiable
Hours: 35hrs TERM TIME ONLY Monday to Friday
Can you bring creativity and initiative to provide the best childcare in our
nursery. Our Taqwa nursery in Bolton is a large spacious nursery with
beautifully refurbished rooms designed especially for each age group.
The 2 year old room has a homely atmosphere with a sensory teepee,
spiritual area and role play creating a home-from-home, relaxing
atmosphere. Preschool children benefit from a free flow system into an
‘Outdoor Classroom’ allowing them to explore the outdoor environment
throughout the day. There is also an ICT area for children who wish to
learn about the world of technology. We are eco-friendly always looking
for alternatives to waste. We are Montessori / nature themed. We offer a
fantastic package for an experienced Nursery practitioner, Competitive
salary, Great career opportunities, Support of passionate Early Years Specialists.
Job Purpose: To work as part of a team to provide high quality combined
early education and childcare. To work in partnership with parents/carers to
promote the wellbeing and happiness of children within the nursery
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Day to day management and oversee to smooth running of the nursery.
- Writing policies and procedures, and planning co-ordinator for the nursery, taking fees, supervising staff, mentoring staff.
- Doing show round for perspective parents and admission of new children in line with admission policy.
- Working with the Early Years Foundation Stage Welfare Requirements, and Developmental Matters.
- You will be Attending all out of working hours activities e.g training, monthly staff meetings, parents evening etc.
- Be flexible within working practices of the nursery. Be prepared to help where needed e.g preparation of snack, meals cleaning equipment etc.
- Ensure that mealtime is a time of pleasant and social sharing.
- Wash and change child as required.
- Provide comfort and warmth to an unhappy or sick children
- Reflecting on practice, implementing staff monitoring systems to ensure high quality in the playgroup, working with the OFSTED Guidelines.
- Helping to complete the self-evaluation forms, using the required documents, OFSTED's Self Evaluation Schedule.
- Doing 2 yr old progress reports, having management meetings.
- Planning for the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), prepare and complete activities that match the child's stage of development.
Essential Criteria Minimum of NVQ level 3 in Childcare and Education Recent
Paediatric First Aid Certificate Enhanced DBS
Other related training Basic Food Hygiene Certificate,
Safeguarding Training and SEN Training
Skills: Ability to deliver childcare and a range of indoor and outdoor
play activities to children aged 2 - 4 years (essential)
Ability to communicate and engage with children aged 2 - 4 years
and their parents/carers (essential)Ability to build positive relationships
with colleagues and service users and work as part of a team (essential)
Knowledge: Minimum level 3 qualification in childcare or play
(extensive experience may be considered) knowledge and understanding
of the safeguarding of children and young people (essential)
Experience: Experience of planning developmentally appropriate activities
for 2 - 4 year olds in accordance with EYFS (Desirable)) for further information
please contact Nursery Director on 07543930613, or refer to www.taqwanursery.com
for an job application pack and further information about the nursery
Any additional qualifications such as Forest practitioner or Alima is highly sought after.
Required experience: Early Years management or team leader 1 year
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Diploma/Certificate L3